THE SPIRITUAL CENTER OF SUNCADIA
Cle Elum means “swift water,” and its origins come from the Kittitas tribe, whose members resided here and relied on the nearby Yakima River for their livelihood. The city was incorporated in February 1902, built with a prosperous coal mining industry and a railroad infrastructure to support it. The city also had a thriving lumber business and at one point had the largest sawmill in the eastern half of the state. Today, the city has a population of almost 2,000. And of course, while the great outdoors are the main draw to Cle Elum, there are many delightful opportunities to explore quaint shops, restaurants, taverns, and other attractions in the town, such as the historic Carpenter House Museum.
Here are some of our favorite places to eat, drink, and relax.
- Owen’s Meats – established in 1887, specializes in high quality fresh and smoked meats.
- Cottage Café – in-house bakery, full service cocktail lounge, and breakfast all day! Open 6am – Midnight.
- Señor Bones – big gourmet burritos, fresh salads, and tacos.
- Beau’s Pizza – truly a diamond in the rough, open for dinner Thursday to Sunday nights and for Lunch on the weekends.
- Sunset Café – traditional American dining that is sure to satisfy the largest of appetites!
- Sahara Pizza – fast and friendly delivery with every order! Sahara Pizza has locations throughout Washington, Idaho and Oregon.
- Mama Vallone’s – established in 1986 by Joe Vallone, his brother Dennis, and his sister-in-law Lexi – has won many awards for their salmon, steaks, and pastas!
- Dru Bru – with 20 active taps, you’ll find an assortment of award-winning beers, ciders, and house made non-alcoholic sodas.
- Stella’s – visit Stella’s for homemade and organic breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee or drinks!
- Cle Elum Bakery – freshly made pastries, muffins, and breads
- Ploy Bistro – A family-owned Thai restaurant run by a mother and father with the help of their daughter
- Orchard – We are farm-to-table, nose-to-tail, from scratch kitchen focusing on a no-waste concept.
- Glondo’s Sausage Co – Born out of quality and tradition, Glondo’s products are made fresh daily from hand-trimmed meat and hand-blended seasonings. A family run business, using recipes brought from Italy and Croatia two generations ago.
We’d love to tell you more, especially on a private tour of Suncadia. Start by joining our interest list below for email updates about our community. We’ll be in touch soon, but if your question can’t wait, feel free to contact us now at 509.649.6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"*" indicates required fields